We are grateful to all of the following individuals, businesses, foundations and organizations who have supported and encouraged us as we developed Strength & Courage: Exercises for Breast Cancer Survivors.
We also are thankful for the many breast cancer survivors who have tried our exercise program and shared their experiences with us. Click here to read their stories.
If you would like to support our efforts, please click here to find out how to make a donation.
Funding for Strength & Courage was provided by:
Consulting and medical expertise for Strength & Courage was provided by:
- Adam M. Brufsky, MD, PhD – Co-Director, Breast Cancer Program, University of Pittsburgh Medical Center
- Kathryn H. Schmitz, PhD, MPH – Research advisor on exercise and breast cancer survivors, University of Pennsylvania
- Kathy Johnson – Certified Physical Therapist
- Mandy C. Kulifay, DPT, CLT-LANA – University of Pittsburgh Medical Center
We extend a special thank-you to the following:
- To Peggy Finnegan for moderating the DVD.
- To Dana Harris and Elaine Park. Without their help, this would not have been possible.
- To the Pipitone Group for their constant support and creative contribution to the DVD.
- In memory of Rosemary Fischette and Nina Bevec Bean, our examples of Strength and Courage.
- In memory of Stella Pipitone beloved wife, mother and friend. Her Strength and Courage inspired our vision for the DVD and helped make it a reality.
- We are indebted to our family and friends who supported us throughout this endeavor.
- Animations courtesy of CancerQuest.org, The Winship Cancer Institute of Emory University.
- The Strength & Courage: Exercises for Breast Cancer Survivors DVD was created by Janette Poppenberg, an ACSM/ACS certified Cancer Exercise Trainer® and Sharon Cowden, MD.
- It was filmed by Trifocal Media-Janet Smith, producer and Mark Knobil, camera specialist.